Appearing younger and more rested has never been easier, thanks to the advanced technology of dermal fillers. By injecting a biological or synthetic product beneath the skin, dermal fillers can help to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a fuller and more youthful appearance. Here at our office, we use Juvéderm fillers because of their outstanding results. Read on to learn more about dermal fillers and how they can help you achieve a youthful look.
What are Dermal Fillers?
As we age, it’s not just wrinkles and fine lines that we have to worry about—we also start to lose volume in our skin. This loss of volume can make us look tired, gaunt, and older than we actually are. Dermal fillers are designed to combat this loss of volume by “filling out” the skin. By injecting a hyaluronic acid-based filler beneath the skin, we can add volume and achieve a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Juvederm is one of the most popular brands of dermal filler available on the market today. Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally occurs in the human body. This helps to ensure that Juvederm fillers will be well-tolerated by your body and will provide natural-looking results. At our clinic, we offer several different types of Juvederm fillers, including:
• Juvederm Voluma XC: This filler is designed specifically for adding volume to the cheeks. It can help to lift sagging skin and give you a more youthful appearance. Results typically last for about two years.
• Juvederm Ultra XC: This filler is designed for plumping lips and reducing the appearance of fine lines around the mouth. Results typically last for about six months to one year.
• Juvederm Vollure XC: This filler is designed for smoothing moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth. Results typically last for about 18 months.
• Juvederm XC: smooths moderate to severe lines and wrinkles surrounding the area of nose and mouth.
• Juvederm Volbella XC: adds soft volume to lips and helps with the appearance of vertical lip lines.
Dermal Fillers vs Botox: What’s the Difference?
Botox is another popular injectable treatment that diminish wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause them. Many people wonder whether dermal fillers or Botox are right for them—the answer depends on your specific goals and concerns. While Botox injection sites must be re-treated every few months to maintain results, dermal filler results typically last much longer—anywhere from six months to two years depending on the t
ype of filler used. In general, Botox is best for treating dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles that appear when you make certain facial expressions) while dermal fillers are best for treating static wrinkles (wrinkles that are visible even when your face is at rest).
If you’re considering dermal fillers to achieve a more youthful appearance, Menon Medispa & wellness can help. Our team of experts will work with you to find the best treatment plan for your individual needs, and we offer a range of injectable treatments that can help smooth away fine lines and wrinkles while adding volume to sunken areas of the face. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about our dermal filler options.